Happy Thanksgiving! Here are 10 things that we'e grateful for:
1. All of our customers, new and old. Since we are a small business, we have very little money for advertising, and we rely solely on word of mouth. We are so incredibly grateful for everyone who has a great experience and then shares emerging thoughts with their friends. This has been our most successful year in business, and each month is better than the next. Thank you x 500,000,000 for helping us grow.
2. Our designers. We love working with independent and emerging designers. We are so passionate about exposing their work and making it available to the public. To us, it is so meaningful to have one of these unique pieces in your wardrobe.
3. Robyn. Inevitably, when working 18 hour days (which during the holidays is necessary), we need to keep our energy up. Midnight office dance parties are vital to our well-being. Play “Dancing on my Own,” and try to stay seated. We dare you.
4. Fleetwood Mac. Inevitably when working 18 hour days (which during the holidays is necessary), we sometimes need to cry. And when we do, Rumours is on repeat. In all honesty, midnight crying sessions to Fleetwood Mac are pretty cathartic.
5. Pinterest. What do vintage Balenciaga, donuts, glitter walls, and Dan Mountford photography have in common? They were pinned mere minutes apart and eclectically assembled on our boards. Basically, it's our favorite website to waste time on. Tell us your pinterest account so we can follow you. Let's waste time together.
6. Glitter. It’s so easy to get sucked into the mundanity of everyday life, and dreary city winters don’t help. Sparkle is a surefire way to perk up any case of the doldrums in our office, and it’s rare to catch one of us without a touch of bedazzle here and there. Seriously, one of our staff layers Druze necklaces like it’s her job, which in a way, it is.
7. Paris Is Burning. This is still the most quotable movie in our office. If you haven't watched it, watch now. Two words: Drag Realness.
8. All of our friends that have helped us this past year. Emerging Thoughts would not be where it is today if it weren’t for all of our friends who have helped with social media, especially Keiko (read more) Katie, Diana, and all of the bloggers we've worked with this year. Thank you to everyone who makes us laugh on twitter and our customers who are now friends. We've met a lot of really wonderful people via our 6 years in business and we're incredibly grateful to have them in our lives. A special thanks to our *gasp* offline friends and family who keep us (fairly) sane.
9. The staff (written by Lauren): Thank you to our hard working staff. We are lucky to have a fun and exciting working environment, but it's occasionally filled with printer jam meltdowns. Thanks to my web designer for keeping his cool when we call him at 2am because we need help editing photos. Thanks to my office staff for always playing it cool, even when I make them listen to R Kelly's Trapped In The Closet all day. I am incredibly lucky to have such a creatively talented, hardworking and stand-up team.
10. Humility. Because at the end of the day, if you can’t laugh at yourself, what do you really have?
Posted by Christin at 7:14 PM